Ashley Bethard is a writer, editor, and digital media specialist living in Dayton, Ohio. She is co-founder of Bloom : a creative collective.
A note on my poetic sensibilities (or is it sensitivities?): If it’s got rust, dust, or a deep and troubled history, I will fall in love.
- I write fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction. See my work here.
- I’m a digital manager for Cox Media Group Ohio by day, managing the Dayton.com brand and overseeing food, entertainment and lifestyles content for all of CMGO
- I consult independently on the side. Want details? Find me on LinkedIn
- I speak on creative writing and digital/social media, and often about how the two intersect. I’ve presented at University of Dayton’s ArtStreet, several Antioch Writer’s Workshop mini-sessions, Association of Writers and Writing Programs Conference, and the Ohio Newspaper Association conference.
- I serve on the Artemis Center Board of Directors
- I serve on the Planning Committee at Antioch Writer’s Workshop (2014-Present).
- I’ve worked with numerous publications in an editorial capacity, including Midwestern Gothic, Specter Literary Magazine and Peripheral Surveys: A Postmodern Journal of Literature, Arts and Humanism
- I have an MFA in Creative Writing from Ashland University
- Twitter: @AshleyBethard
- Tumblr: you can call me boots
- Instagram: @ashleybethard