I’m a writer, editor, and digital manager in Dayton, Ohio. Co-founder of Bloom : a creative collective.
- I write fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction (you can see my published work here)
- I’m a digital manager for Cox Media Group, managing the Dayton.com brand and food, entertainment and lifestyles content for the Ohio market
- Recipient of the 2017 Ohioana Walter Rumsey Marvin Grant
- Named to Newspaper Association of America’s “30 Under 30” List, 2016
- I speak on creative writing and digital/social media, and often about how the two intersect. I’ve presented at University of Dayton’s ArtStreet, several Antioch Writer’s Workshop mini-sessions, Association of Writers and Writing Programs Conference (AWP), and the Ohio Newspaper Association conference.
- I serve on the Artemis Center Board of Directors
- I serve on the Planning Committee at Antioch Writer’s Workshop (2014-Present)
- I’ve worked with numerous publications in an editorial capacity, including Midwestern Gothic, Specter Literary Magazine and Peripheral Surveys: A Postmodern Journal of Literature, Arts and Humanism
- I have an MFA in Creative Writing from Ashland University
- Twitter: @AshleyBethard
- Tumblr: you can call me boots
- Instagram: @ashleybethard